Monday 11 April 2011

Geocaching #5

Yesterday was a really busy day for the whole family. First we went shopping in Truro, then we went to St Austell to go bowling. We then split up, with John, Sean and me going geocaching while Tom and Kieran played pool, before we all met up again for a fantastic meal at Frankie and Benny's to celebrate Tom's 18th birthday.


Sean holding the magnetic nano
The cache we went after was near St Austell town centre in a busy little park full of teenagers and kids. We had to use the geocache clue to narrow down the search, and John had to do the actual looking while I ran the distraction of readjusting my sandal straps! Fortunately he found it quite quickly- our first magnetic nano- wow they are really small!


 I've kept the photos small as I took them with my phone- we didn't start out planning to geocache so I didn't take my camera. Perhaps I should keep it with me all the time from now on...





After we got home, John and I felt the need to go for a walk as we were so full after dinner. We of course turned it into a geocache hunt for one close to home. When we got close to the location John's Iphone froze so we had a quick look without GPS but we weren't sure how close we were so we only spent a few minutes looking before going home for a much needed coffee and chance to put our feet up. On the way back I took this fabulous photo of the sun setting. I love the way the tree and grasses ended up as sillouettes...



Until next time
Gillian

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...